My computer screen saver is my vision board with the places I want to see. I can’t say I’m backpacking around Europe because what I have is my trolley bag with me. I have been riding trains, planes, driving cross country, taken ferry boats and surprisingly even a cruise ship.
In the last month this “amazing race” adventure of mine has turned out to be more than what I expected. I could never have done all these things without the hospitality and generosity of my family and friends here in Europe. They have all been so good to me taking me into their homes and showing me around. So I can say I have been truly blessed and lucky with the hospitality of Filipinos. I have not had time to write and upload pictures, but anyway here are some of the highlights of the things I have been lucky enough to see and do. Food reviews and stories to follow in future blogs. So let me count my blessings:
A. Italy ( 8 days with planet Funetebella Italy)
1. Did an “Angels and Demons” tour of Rome. At the Vatican took a picture of the Sistine chapel even if it wasn’t allowed and of course the Italian guard tried to stop me or else they would have to throw me out.
2. Saw the beautiful island of Ponza in Italy and swam in the Mediterranean sea.
3. Visited the old, quaint and very beautiful town of Nemi.
4. Visited so many churches and each time made a wish for someone dear whose dad had cancer.
Amsterdam (1 week with Hollanders and the New Yorkers)
1. Went to a ” cafe”…you know what I mean!
2. Made new friends on a food quest
3. Visited the Hermitage museum
4. Saw the red light district
5. Took a canal tour
Belgium ( Planet Fuentebella Belgium)
1. Attended a “white” rave party with cousin J. Danced like crazy since nobody knows me here.
2. Ate in two different Michelin star restaurants and other posh dinners with matching wine the Belgians. Please note that in one restaurant I managed to burn a menu! Haha! As I was looking at the menu it caught fire. It was too close to the candle underneath while I was reading it. Yes the burning made a scene 🙂
3. Attended Cedric and Cin’s crazy island party. The police came twice to stop the party but nobody went home until all the drinks were gone.
4. Watched the Madonna concert and saw her up-close in person.
5. Experienced a carriage ride around the city of Antwerp.
6. Visited the Antwerp universities with the future minister of eduction of Belgium
7. Food trip adventure with my gourmand auntie Chinggay!
Scandinavia ( the Basbergs)
1. Sailed through the Norway Fjords
2. Took a cruise ship to Denmark. Trip is for two nights from Oslo to Copenhagen and then back.
3. Saw the little mermaid
4. Then found myself in a cottage in the mountains of Norway. Hiked in the woods.
More, more stories to follow as the adventure continues. Another train, another plane, another train….