Batanes is one of the most beautiful places in the Philippines. It is located at the tip and Northern most part of the country. Best why to get there is to take a plane.
Things to do in Batanes:
1. Stay or visit Funcadion Pacita. Specially if you are on a honeymoon! It’s so romantic!!
For first class amenities we stayed in Fundacion Pacita. The very beautiful and quaint B&B was the home of artist Pacita Abad. A bit pricey for some but so worth it. And the view from our room fantastic! We called it our home on a hill.
2. Do a Photo Safari – Batanes is for me one of the most beautiful places in the world. The hills and mountains, the coastline, the UNESCO sites, the warm and beautiful people makes it a photographer’s haven.
5. Payaman or Malboro Counrty – is a breath taking pasture overlooking the Pacific Ocean !!!!
6. Song Song Ruins -Batanes houses are made of stones to protect the locals from the harsh storms as the island is located along the typhoon belt. The ruins are what is left of the town that was wiped out by a terrible storm
9. Honesty cafe – is a store that no one is tending … Just “honestly” pay for what you get. At first I thought the store was overrated then I realized that the concept represents this strong value of their people. Batanes is a place with almost zero crime rate, no poverty, locals do not need to lock the door of their homes, the island is small so everyone knows your name.
10. The Abad Chapel – the murals inside the chapel are made by the local artists
The island locals branded us as the four “young” chefs – together with Joanne, Peachy and Sabrina. Sunday mass celebrated with Congressman Butch Abad (5th from the left), his wife Dina (2nd in pink from the left), Loida Nicols Lewis (4th from the right ), Secretary Imelda Nicolas (3rd from the right in white) in the Abad’s very beautiful chapel perfect for destination weddings.
12. Dive Batanes -shore entry to the marine sanctuary. The dive site is called Lalamisa by the fishermen. Diving in Batenes is still at its infancy stage. The only dive master in the island is Chico Domingo. The locals know how to get in touch with him. Underwater is like being in another planet with the stretch of Pavona corals beds that look like rolling hills as far as your eyes can see down to 120ft.
13. Eat authentic Ivatan food and coconut crabs at Pension Ivatan’s Therese Coffee shop
15. Chavayan in Sabtang Island -life is simple in this fishing village of ancient stone houses